Frequently Asked Questions
1. Pick up a ready-to-use template
We have made available 20+ ready-to-use templates for free in our website. Select one that matches your needs (virtual office, event, chill, or e-learning) and sign in to get access to your map and dashboard. Your freemium plan is activated automatically with no limits of time. Get started now!
2. Create your virtual space from scratch
WorkAdventure is 100% customizable. Check out the full documentation, follow the Starter Kit and use Tiled to create your virtual space by yourself. You can decide whether to self-host your map as WorkAdventure is open source, or to sign in and enjoy our premium features.
3. Plan your project with one of our map designers
The WorkAdventure team is made up of a bunch of skilled designers. Whether you want a custom map created from scratch, or just some adjustments to a ready-to-use template, contact our team, or visit us directly in our virtual offices.
When you sign in, you automatically get the freemium plan. Whether you keep the freemium plan, or decide to upgrade to the premium plan, you can decide to pick up a ready-to-use template, to create your own map or to ask one of our designers to build it for you.
The freemium plan includes:
- Creation of one or several virtual spaces,
- Maximum 15 simultaneously connected users,
- Basic features: custom avatars and companions, chat, video and audio services, bubble zones (4 avatars max. at the same time), meeting rooms (for more than 4 avatars at the same time), silent zones, website integrations, emojis, moderator rights, custom URL link, mobile and desktop app (PWA), the move on-click, the locked bubble, the follow WOKA and the away mode feature.
The premium plan includes:
- Creation of one or several virtual spaces,
- Unlimited number of simulataneously connected users,
- Basic features: custom avatars and companions, chat, video and audio services, bubble zones (4 avatars max. at the same time), meeting rooms (for more than 4 avatars at the same time), silent zones, website integrations, emojis, moderator rights, custom URL link, mobile and desktop app (PWA), the move on-click, the locked bubble, the follow WOKA and the away mode feature,
- Premium features: access management, auto login token, advanced moderator rights, dedicated rooms for moderators, detailed users' list, global messages, live streaming and recording, Google Calendar integrations, business cards, custom contact menu, SSO authentification and co-websites.
You can upgrade to a paid plan to get the premium features at any time from your dashboard. If you need any help during your journey with us, please do not hesitate to contact us.
The premium features included in the paid plans are the following ones:
- All the basic features,
- Access management: Administrators of the WorkAdventure account can create a private and unique access for other administrators and members (this doesn't apply to visitors),
- Auto login token: Create a custom connection link to your map to each of your members and administrators,
- Advanced moderator rights: Administrators have advanced moderator rights. If a member or visitor report someone who is breaking the code of conduct, they can kick and ban people (ID and IP address checking),
- Dedicated rooms for moderators: Create a dedicated space to administrators and members who will have advanced moderation rights (eg. sponsor booth, conference stage during conferences...),
- Detailed users' list: Get the detailed list of all users,
- Global messages: Send global messages (text or audio) to one of your maps or all of them,
- Live streaming and recording: All moderators in a conference room can stream their meeting in YouTube Live. The replay will be instantly available on YouTube. All moderators in a conference room can record their meeting in Dropbox,
- Google Calendar integrations: Add the link of your map in the video-conferencing options of your Google Calendar,
- Business cards: Custom your business card at any time to facilitate exchange of contact details,
- Custom contact menu: As an administrator, you can custom the contact section in the main menu of your map to give information about your company or event,
- SSO Authentification: Login in WorkAdventure with your Google, LinkedIn, GitHub or metamask account,
- Co-websites: Open severals embedded websites & apps at the same time to easily collaborate.
If you use WorkAdventure with the freemium plan, you cannot exceed 15 simultaneously connected users in your virtual space(s).
If you upgrade to the premium plans, there is NO limit of simultaneously users. You just need to define the capacity of users you would need in your virtual space(s) and subscribe to the best plan.
WorkAdventure has already organized talks with 500+ simultaneously connected users in a conference room. We also already organized events with 10,000+ users over few days.
When you create your virtual space in WorkAdventure, you get a map URL link to invite other users.
If you have the freemium plan, your map is public. This means you have only one map URL link to send to other users. All users who have the link of your map will have access to your virtual space at every moment.
If you have the premium plan, your map can be either public or private. Having a private map means you can send a dedicated URL link to each user to access your virtual space.
A WOKA is the name given to avatars in WorkAdventure.
Yes it is possible to import your own skins in WorkAdventure.
Yes it is possible to get pixelated and non-pixelated maps. If you want to get a non-pixelated mapn you will just need to have your own designs and assets (32x32).
Setting up a virtual space can be done in just a few minutes or take few days. It all depends on how you decided to get it (check our "How can I get my own virtual space" section).
If you want to create your own map from scratch, you can easily follow the documentation available in our website. Follow the Starter Kit, download Tiled to design your map and get yourself a webserver (free options available) to self-host it.
Creating your own map might require some design skill and patience. There is no code needed, so everyone can create a map.
If it is your first time creating a map and using Tiled, we advice youo to start with a small and simple map that might take you 1 to 2 days to create.
Check out the full documentation, follow the Starter Kit and donwload Tiled to design your map.
More question?Contact us